Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bikes Bikes and More Bikes on the Brain!

I can't stop noticing every little detail about every bike I pass now.

I'm dying to get used to my cruiser so I can move on to a road bike. Today I hit the jackpot and found Mikes Bikes down on Howard. Cesar and Matt were SO helpful!! AND...dun dun dun dunnnnn!!!

I GOT A BASKET!!! The most perfect basket, too!! I've been hunting for a great wicker basket to harness Dudley into and I found it! I have odd handle bars, so it's been quite the challenge for some reason. I thought I was going to have to dish out at least $100 on a basket. Nope! $30! It's nice and big for stowing other stuff as well! SO PUMPED!! I also got a rear view mirror because I can't seem to get the hang of turning around to watch for cars just yet. Those guys were awesome and put that on for me as well!!


I took Dudley out for a test drive in it and he loves it!! He wants to jump out if he sees another dog to play with, but we'll get passed that! He's starting to realize he's strapped in pretty snug. 



What I really love about it is that it is on a quick release clamp making the basket versatile for farmers markets and shopping. Also, no one can steal my basket if it's on my arm!! :) 


Noticing simple things like where bike lanes are located, whether or not there even is a bike lane, and the best way to ride to avoid crazy hills has become my new obsession. I feel like I've opened the doors to a completely different way of living.

I'm coming at the city from a completely different perspective now. Walking the city is one thing. Riding the city is another.

I'm in love!! :)

Here are some neat bike shots from the past week!

:)

Monster Puppy, Rawr!!! (He was yawning. But he looks ferocious! Haha)

Caught this little beaut on my lunch break down at the Ferry Building

This is the bike parking down at the Ferry Building as well. I wanted to check it out so when I actually ride down (tomorrow) to work I know right where to be.

I liked the clever stowing of this one. Haha. Nice. 
I die for the yellow bike. It was by Public Bikes down in SOMA. Their bikes and accessories are SO adorable!!

This gem is up the street from me on my way to work. I just really love the red/burgundy color of it. It has a really great vintage feel to it. <3

2 comments:

  1. Dudley is a BABYDOLL! I love him and would want to take him absolutely everywhere. I have a small smooth fox terrior but I know for sure she'd jump out of the bike basket and hang herself on the harness. She is just that hyper, even at nearly 14 years. I hope the basket works for Dudley. Miss Sarah at Girls and Bicycles sometimes rides with her little pooch so if you haven't visited her blog for some inspiration do so at once. Can't wait to follow your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must head over to her blog! Thanks for the tip! He is doing just fine in it so far!

    :)

    ReplyDelete