Sunday, July 25, 2010

Helmets! My attempt at trying to huggle my brain!

Okay, so dare I say there are TOO MANY helmet options on the market?

I researched for hours. Granted, I've had my bike for exactly one week today, but gosh darn if I haven't spent well over 6 hours of it looking for a helmet!

I barely got to ride my bike due to this dilemma, however, I eventually found the helmet that I was looking for.

I'm a girl. I need to have fashion in mind as much as possible considering I lack all fashion sense, whatsoever. I'm not really great at being a girl. Let's just say if it involves black yoga pants, flipflops, and a sweatshirt, I'm there!

It came down to the wire between the Bern and the Nutcase. I couldn't decide if I wanted to go whacky and crazy or stay simple and muted. Decisions, decisions!

Therefore, I threw the two together and got a kickass muted black Bern helmet with Lime Green detailing. My reasoning for the lime green was strictly because my backpack has lime green lining. Yepp. That's how I chose my helmet, folks!! Ya heard it here, first! What a crappy cyclist I'm turning out to be...oh well! I'm just gonna roll with it!



Try and tell me that helmet isn't adorable! Go ahead and try! Haha. 

The fit is great! Not too heavy or clunky. I feel like if I land on my head, I will at least have some cushion before it's my cranium versus pavement. Isn't that what a helmet is really all about? 

Oh! And I like that I am not required to wear sunglasses with said helmet, due to the cute visor...thing! :) 

Anyways. Here are some pics of the other cute helmets that were in the final running! 

Yakkay (They have all different hat covers...really cool concept! But odd at the same time):

Nutcase (Whacky and crazy is all I can say!):




Anywho! That is all for the helmet rant/rave? 

Ta! 
~J


1 comment:

  1. When I wear a helmet (usually at night or on a very busy street) I wear a Nutcase. Very stylish and style is important. Your new Bern fills the bill I think and the visor is definitely a cute detail. I'll have to check those out the next time in SF, which is not enough.

    ReplyDelete