Sunday, August 22, 2010

Caved. Got a road bike! :)

So I did it! I was CRAVING a road bike. I wanted to be able to climb the hills and go super fast if I wanted to.

And so I found it. My road bike. At least until I decide to upgrade again! :)

I even took a train TO the bike...because I fell in love with it THAT much. Yes. A train. Caltrain, to be exact! It has two layers. It was totally awesome. :)


It was a long ride, but SO worth it! 



That's her! My cute purple Trek with white bar tape and a white saddle! 

LOVES ME SOME CUTE ROAD BIKE! 

I even finally got my tool bag together for whichever bike I take out on the road! 



It definitely took some getting used to. All of a sudden being hunched over my handle bars like that, but I've gotten it down! I even have changing gears down to a science!! 

I feel like I constantly need to be out on the road riding, it's insane! 

Yesterday I rode down to the sand. Here are some shots from that. :) 

I was on a time crunch for the sunset, so it was great to just fly down Polk and be at the water! :) 


En route to the wharf...(closest sandy area, really.) 

Rode out onto the pier at the base of Fort Mason. Saw some dudes catch a stingray?? 

Bizarre...

Pretty....

Nice shadow pic. Haha. Hey helmet head!! :) 

Mission accomplished. I found sand. And sunset. All in one place. :) 

Another Pier shot...


I am starting to realize the potential of this city. And it's impact on my years to come. Me, pavement, two wheels, Dudley, and San Francisco. 

I don't need much more than that...
Happy Summer! 


-J


5 comments:

  1. Love your blog darling, no one, I mean NO ONE, comes out of a rut as strong as you do.... congrats...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant road bike. Congratulations and continued happiness in SF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Trek! I did a lot of exploring of Philadelphia on my Trek!

    ReplyDelete